Framus Strato 4 Bass 5/156 1970’s Sunburst
Information about the Framus Basses:
With their first attempts at making electric basses, Framus had difficulties stepping away from the acoustic resonating body just like it did already with the electric guitars: The Hollywood Bass from the late fifties was still based on a semi solid construction. It had a Star Bass byname like some later models: Hollywood Star Bass, Strat®o Star Bass, Strat®o de Luxe Star Bass or even Framus Golden de Luxe Star Bass – which didn’t sound too bad. And in view of the famous musicians who used the instruments, these names weren’t just hollow words – German basses had already a good reputation among professional musicians in the sixties.
Information about this guitar:
This model was build in the 60’s. It is from the famous Strato de Luxe series.
- Head – excellent condition.
- Keys – excellent condition.
- Nut – excellent condition.
- Neck – excellent condition.
- Fretboard – excellent condition.
- Frets – very good condition but cut and polish is recommended (visible on photos).
- Body – excellent condition.
- Lacquer – good condition with some bumps and scratches (visible on photos).
- Electronics – excellent condition.
- Equipment – excellent condition.
Please note this is true vintage instrument – if you want to play it, it may need some setup.
Out of stock