Framus Fret Jet 5/115/52 1960’s Candy Orange
Information about Framus Thinline models:
The first Framus thinline guitar was designed in 1953 in collaboration with Billy Lorento, aka Bill Lawrence. It was not only the first signature model coming from Franconia, but also the first electric guitar with a thin resonating body, set neck, and no sustain block inside – very characteristic of Framus-manufactured guitars. Successor models in this segment were among others the Hi-Fi-Six, and of course classics like the New Sound and the Fret Jet.
Guitar manufacturing started in 1954 with the inauguration of the Bubenreuth factory and quickly developed into a production with industrial characteristics. The widespread use of solid woods became more infrequent, therefore manufacturing with partly solid materials or utilizing only laminated manufacturing. Overall there were more than 40 different thinline and semi-acoustic instrument models till the beginning of the seventies; one of the last ones being again a guitar sporting the name Billy Lorento and with the model number 07301.
Information about this guitar:
When I first saw this Framus I was delighted by the amazing Candy Orange colour and I knew she will shine again if I just give her little love. Guitar have sanded fretboard, new frets, and new bridge and it sounds amaizng. I’m really happy with the result 🙂
Guitar is after full check and setup by professional luthier and it’s ready to play!
- Head – very good condition, truss rod cover missing.
- Keys – new Grover keys! Old ones (original Framus) will be added to package.
- Nut – excellent condition.
- Neck – excellent condition.
- Fretboard – very good condition wtih two visible sings of use on first and second fret. The fretboard was sanded by professional luthier in conjunction with refreting.
- Frets – brand new made by professional luthier.
- Body – very good condition with smal bumbs and scratches (all visible on photos).
- Lacquer – good condition small bumbs and scratches and laquer cracks on the sides (all visible on photos).
- Electronics – excellent condition – after full checkup by luthier.
- Equipment – pickups significally scratched but without influence on playability, pickguard scratched and missing one corner.
- Addons – original Framus keys, new Grover keys, New strings, new bridge.
Out of stock