Framus Strato Star Bass 5/156-52 1960’s Sunburst
Information about the Framus Basses:
With their first attempts at making electric basses, Framus had difficulties stepping away from the acoustic resonating body just like it did already with the electric guitars: The Hollywood Bass from the late fifties was still based on a semi solid construction. It had a Star Bass byname like some later models: Hollywood Star Bass, Strat®o Star Bass, Strat®o de Luxe Star Bass or even Framus Golden de Luxe Star Bass – which didn’t sound too bad. And in view of the famous musicians who used the instruments, these names weren’t just hollow words – German basses had already a good reputation among professional musicians in the sixties.
Information about this guitar:
This model was build in the 60’s. It is from the famous Strato de Luxe series.
Guitar is after full check up by professional luthier and it’s ready to play.
- Head – average condition on front and very good condition on the back (visible on photos).
- Keys – average condition. Two flanges that are missing on the photo were replaced and now all 4 are on guitar (visible on photo.
- Nut – good condition.
- Neck – good condition.
- Fretboard – good condition with small losse on 10th fret (visible on photo).
- Frets – good condition with some signs of use (visible on photos).
- Body – very good condition with visible bumps and stratches (visible on photo).
- Lacquer – average condition with some bumps and stratches on the body and cracks on the neck (visible on photo).
- Electronics – very good condition.
- Equipment – string mutter foam missing.
Please note this is true vintage instrument – if you want to play it, it may need some setup.
Availability: 1 in stock